We Are Looking To Grow Our Team!
Do you love pets? Would you rather be outside? Do you love delighting others? Do you know how to WOW and delight the 2-legged clients and the 4-legged clients? Do you want to be a part of a stellar team? Do you like flexibility in your schedule? Then read on. . .
2 Paws Up, Inc is an established and well-loved pet sitting, dog walking, and dog training company based in Gwinnett County. Award winning and veterinarian recommended since 2003, and we are seeking exceptional Pet Sitters to add to our stellar team of employees.
We need sitters who are team players, love to be outside, love to be active, and love pets and people. We are constantly growing our team and territories.
We are looking for sitters in the following neighborhood cities:
Snellville / Loganville / Grayson / Lilburn, Lawrenceville areas.
Do you fit the following requirements:
- A Positive, Happy Attitude!
- Love Animals.
- Love delighting others.
- Your performance shows that you know how to WOW the client.
- Always put animals needs first.
- The ability to care for all types of pets; dogs, cats, and small exotics.
- 19 years and older.
- A reliable, insured and working vehicle that is dog-friendly in the case of an emergency.
- You have internet access at home, a smartphone with a data plan and texting capabilities, as well as a working printer.
- You are flexible, go-with-the-flow kind of person.
- Like having a somewhat flexible schedule
- Love getting outside rain or shine to play and walk dogs.
- Have a current driver’s license.
- Have a deep understanding that is caring for any animal is a huge commitment.
- Must commit to 6 months or longer.
- Enjoy working part-time, and don’t mind staying busier during the summer months.
- Available to work both mornings and evenings, as well as middays sometimes.
- Willing to work as we need you. You are required to pet sit as we need you.
- You could have a schedule that is empty for weeks.
- Or you could have one visit on your schedule every day for 30 days.
- Or you could have 3-4 morning visits, 3-4 mid-day visits, and 3-4 late evening visits for the next 14 days.
- Like being a team player, and will respond to all texts, emails, and phone calls from the office, teammates, and clients. Willing to fill in at the last minute (in a one to two hour notice) if a sitter has an emergency or a client schedules last minute.
- Available to answer phone calls, texts, and emails during the hours of 7 AM and 9 PM.
At 2 Paws Up Inc, we are always looking to add to our fantastic staff of sitters. If you have a deep passion for animals and their well-being, your skills may be a great match. People from all levels of experience are asked to fill in an application; however, you must LOVE animals, and this would be considered your dream job.
We are currently looking for people to work Sunday through Saturday as well as all holidays. Must be 19 years of age or older.
- Reliable, insured automobile to get to and from your visits.
- Current drivers license.
- A smartphone that works with data usage.
- Must be able to answer calls, texts, and emails during 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
- Deep moral fiber to always do the right thing-unequivocally.
- Experience is a plus, however not necessary, in the pet industry-anything and everything from a previous job with a pet sitting company, doggie day care handler, trainer, groomer, vet assistant, vet tech, CPDT or a passion for learning.
- Those with extensive volunteering in a rescue or shelter will be considered, too!
- Ability to self-manage and get to your appointments on time.
- Knowledge of animals inclusive of dogs, cats, and birds.Knowledge of dog breeds and each breeds’ individual behaviors and issues.
- Knowledge of cats, their breeds, and behaviors.
- Skills in giving medications such as Insulin, Pills, Transdermal Medications and Sub Q fluids or willing to learn.
- Leash skills with walking dogs, especially those needing extra attention and handling.
- Outstanding customer service skills with pet owners and their furry friends.
- Ability to work alone, independently. You will have your visits scheduled, and it’s your responsibility to follow them and alert the company of issues.
- First Aid and CPR certification.
- The ability to self-manage a busy schedule with excellent time management skills.
- Basic knowledge of medications and how to administer them.
- The understanding of the unpredictability of animals.
- You must have a clean driving record, be able to pass a national criminal background check, and two professionally conducted in-depth interviews.
- Walking or exercising the animal, or engaging the animal in playful activities, as requested by the client.
- Electronic daily journals from your smartphone, including pictures, are sent to the client at each visit that documents the activities during the visit and the health of the animal, if necessary. Anything out of the ordinary needs to be documented so the owner can address these issues immediately. Emergency situations require immediate contact with the clients for the best care for the animals.
- Check in and out of pet sits in our pet sitting software upon completion of appointment. Answer emails, confirm visits and schedules pertaining to new clients, schedules or meetings.
- Texting or calling 2 Paws Up Inc management for any scheduling conflicts or issues. Any other duties not yet assigned but determined by management.
- Admin work outside of Dog Walking, Pet Sitting and Cat Sitting.
- Notifying and emailing information about home and pets after a meet and
- Meeting clients who have been assigned to you from other sitters, or when filling in for another sitter, when requested by the client OR when 2 Paws Up Inc management deems the visit necessary. (Aggressive animals, medications, extremely complicated visits with multiple animal households) Doing meet and greets (as described in the Employee Handbook)-Paid at $7.25 per visit.
- Required meeting with management for training and job improvement.
- Online continuing education at no cost to you.
- Certified in Pet First Aid and CPR after 90 days of employment.
- Bonuses for working on major holidays.
- Taxes are taken out. You are an employee, not an independent contractor.
- Paid by the Job not the hour.
High school diploma